|Why Sleeping Bags?|
|Inside a sleeping bag your baby has enough room to stretch and wriggle without the danger of kicking off or slipping under conventional duvets and blankets.|
|Are There Other Advantages?|
- Your baby maintains a constant temperature throughout the night. If baby does wake it feels comfortable and more likely to go back to sleep.
- Baby can kick and wriggle contentedly and will not feel restricted.
- Baby cannot get between cot bars.
- Sleeping Bags help prevent baby scratching itchy eczema.
- When traveling or in strange surrounding babies will feel more comfortable in their own sleeping bag.
|What Size Sleeping Bag?|
|Slumbersac come in three generous sizes:
- Size 1. Birth to 6 months
- Size 2. 6-18 months
- Size 3. 12 months-2 years (when folded)
12 months-3 years (when extended)
|Why Do Some Bags Have Side Zips And Others Centre Zips?|
|There is no right or wrong. Generally the smaller sizes have side zips which make for easy access when changing your baby.|
As babies becomes bigger and stronger they can ‘force’ open the snaps at the shoulder; thus we use centre zips without snaps on size 3.
|What Is Tog Rating And Which Should I Use?|
|'Tog' is simply a measurement of thermal resistance.|
Slumbersac has two tog ratings:
Monitor your baby’s nursery temperature and adjust the nightwear to ensure your baby does not get too hot or too cold.
- 1 tog is a lighter bag for use in well insulated houses and on warm summer nights
- 2.5 tog is a more general weight for use for normal use
EVERY SLUMBERSAC COMES WITH A FREE ROOM THERMOMETER.
|Slumbersac Sleeping Bags Do Not Have Sleeves - Why Is This?|
|Inside a sleeping bag babies move and wriggle thus creating heat. To ensure a constant temperature your baby ventilates though it’s head and arms. Having cool hands is good it indicates everything is working well.|
|Do Slumbersac Wash & Dry Easily?|
|Yes all our sleeping bags can be machine washed at 40° and tumble dried on a low heat. We recommend you keep zips closed for washing and drying.|